The City of Metter strictly enforces its animals-running-at-large section of the city ordinances. City of Metter Animal Control Officer is responsible for apprehending stray or abandoned animals, impoundment and care of animals brought to the City of Metter Animal Shelter and the enforcement of the City of Metter’s Animal Control Ordinances. He is assisted at the shelter by Jennifer Kirby, who is the animal shelter caretaker. Since Candler County does not have an Animal Control Department, the County contracts with the City for animal control services. Therefore, the Animal Control Officer is also responsible for animal control in Candler County.
Impoundment fees are charged to owners of lost or stray animals that have been captured or brought to the City of Metter Animal Shelter. Animals may be adopted for a small adoption fee.
- City Hall: 912-685-2527
- Animal Shelter: 912-685-7877
- Website adoption information: www.metter.petfinder.com
Please direct any questions or concerns about this department to:
Metter Police Department
805 E. Lillian Street
Metter, GA 30439
City of Metter Animal Shelter Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Closed - Sunday, Monday, Holidays & Daily from 12 noon to 1 p.m.
- In-Out Report October 2019
- Yearly summaries 2011-2019
- Monthly Report January 2020
- Monthly Report February 2020
- Monthly Report March 2020
- Monthly Report April 2020 with correction
- Monthly Report May 2020
- Monthly Report June 2020
- Monthly Report July 2020
- Monthly Report August 2020
- Monthly Report September 2020
- Monthly Report October 2020
- Monthly Report November 2020
- Monthly Report December 2020
- Annual Report January thru December 2020
- Monthly Report January 2021
- Monthly Report April 2021
- Monthly Report May 2021
- Monthly Report June 2021
- Monthly Report July 2021
- Monthly Report September 2021
- Monthly Report October 2021
- Monthly Report January 2022
- Monthly Report for March 2022
- Monthly Report April 2022
PAWS - Paws, Hearts and Hands of Candler County, Inc.